What is Science?
Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
What is the scientific method?
The scientific method is a procedure for investigating different things to find a conclusion and acquire new knowledge or solve a problem.
The scientific method:
1. Ask a question.
2. Do some background research about the topic.
3. Form a carefully-constructed hypothesis based on the information collected.
4. Test the hypothesis with an experiment.
5. Analyse the data collected from the experiment. Make comparisons and draw conclusion. If the hypothesis is false or partially true, repeat again from step 3. If the hypothesis is true, continue to step 6.6. Report the results and conclusion of the investigation.
1) How will different colours of light affect the plants’ rate of photosynthesis?
2) Why will the different colours of light affect plants’ rate of photosynthesis?
3) How can this be applied in the real world?